General Safety Processes
- Send patients pre-appointment instructions and forms (also on website)
- Communicate increased precautions and new policies for check in,
- Paperwork, reception etc
- Instruct patients to use patient portals, and on-line self-assessment tools, or call the clinic if they become
- Ill with symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Patients must wear a clean mask or face covering (we will provide one if needed).
- Minimized number of people in the clinic (come alone if possible)
- Pre-check Triage prior to entrance in the facility.
- Contactless/Virtual check in: mobile or triage prior to entry
- Patients call on their cell from their car at 301-431-0431 on arrival.
- Patients are screened for COVID-19: questionnaire administered before appointment.
- Patients wait outside in their cars/lobby until called in for appointment.
- Family members wait in the car/lobby when possible.
- Onsite Triage of Patients before appointment.
- Offer Telehealth interactions with patients that choose to do so.
- MDECC uses Infection control protocol recommendations of the CDC and American Academy of
- All Staff wear masks
- Wear a face shield, and gloves, as necessary.
- Temperature check of staff prior to shifts.
- COVID-19 assessment prior to shifts.
- Exam rooms sterilized after every patient appointment.
- Appointments spaced out to accommodate this.
- End of day cleaning of exam rooms by staff.
- Nightly cleaning service cleans the whole facility.
- Staff perform surface cleaning of frequently touched areas throughout the day. (Door handles, table tops, etc
- Signage reminders of building protocols
- Face mask required
- Video streaming of reminders and information
- Created environment with social distancing in mind
- Reduced number of chairs properly spaced out in the waiting area.
- Removal of magazines in waiting areas
- Supplies available of tissues, hand soap, waste receptacles, and touch-less sanitizers throughout the facility.